The BNB Chain ecosystem is incredibly busy with new developments and technological advancements. In this blog post, we'll discuss recent updates on the BNB Chain, including the Greenfield testnet, reduced transaction costs, MEV research, Planck Upgrade, and collaborations with Cocos-BCX and NodeReal.
We'll also provide updates on upcoming projects such as OpBNB and ZkBNB. These innovations and opportunities make BNB Chain an attractive platform for developers and users alike.
- Greenfield Testnet is Live:The Greenfield testnet, an open-source project aimed at providing a scalable and efficient data availability layer for decentralized applications (dApps), is now live. This milestone offers developers a chance to test their dApps on the platform and contribute to its development. We encourage dApp developers to explore Greenfield's capabilities and join the thriving BNB Chain community. Guide | BNB Greenfield
- Reduced Transaction Costs: Following extensive discussions, BSC validators have lowered transaction costs from 5 Gwei to 3 Gwei. This reduction in fees will help drive network adoption, making BNB Chain an even more attractive platform for developers and users. https://forum.bnbchain.org/t/a-proposal-for-adopting-a-lower-transaction-fee-cost-on-bnb-smart-chain-to-enhance-competitiveness/
- BSC Validators Self-Stake Update: Thanks to an on-chain governance proposal, validators significantly reduced the cost to become a BNB Smart Chain validator, fostering a more diverse and robust ecosystem. This change greatly benefits the community by improving entry cost to be a BSC validator. Self-Staked moved from 10,000 BNB to 2,000 BNB.
- MEV Research on BSC: BSC recently hosted a Tech Community Call focused on Miner Extractable Value (MEV) research. The engaging discussions among participants showcased the active interest in addressing MEV-related issues on BSC. We invite more researchers and developers to join the ongoing MEV research efforts on BNB Chain.
Planck Upgrade: The Planck hard fork upgrade includes two crucial BEPs:
- BEP-171: Security Enhancement for Cross-Chain Module. This proposal introduces several security enhancements for the cross-chain bridge between BNB Beacon Chain and BNB Smart Chain.
- BEP-172: Network Stability Enhancement on Slash Occurrence. This proposal suggests an update to the Parlia consensus to improve network stability.
- Integration API for EIP-4337 bundlers with L2 validators/sequencers, a Github proposal to extend the "sendRawTransaction" RPC request with additional parameters and checks to ensure that no network changes could cause the transaction to revert. Link
- Cocos-BCX & NodeReal Optimism Solution: The collaboration between Cocos-BCX and NodeReal has resulted in an Optimism solution for the BNB Chain, providing developers with powerful tools for creating Web3 games and applications. For more information: Link
Upcoming Technical Improvements:
- OpBNB and ZkBNB: Two significant upcoming projects are the OpBNB testnet, planned for mid-May, and the ZkBNB mainnet, scheduled for June 1st. These projects will further enhance the capabilities of the BNB Chain ecosystem, offering developers even more opportunities to innovate.
- BEP-206: Hybrid Mode State Expiry. The hybrid state on BNBChain is a proposed solution to optimize BSC storage. This can impact various aspects of the BSC ecosystem, including account abstraction, L2 rollups, transaction execution, user experience, and client implementations. While it may introduce new challenges and require updates to existing systems, the hybrid mode state expiry aims to enhance efficiency and scalability for BSC.
The BNB Chain developer community is continuously pushing the boundaries of innovation. With recent updates, collaborations, and upcoming projects, BNB Chain offers an array of opportunities for developers to build groundbreaking solutions. We encourage more developers to join the BNB Chain ecosystem, contribute to its growth, and shape the future of blockchain technology.
Follow us to stay updated on everything BNB Chain!
Website | Twitter | Twitter (Devs) | Telegram | dApp Store | YouTube | Discord | LinkedIn | Build N' Build Forum | Dev Community|