Major Tech update in Nov:
1. BSC Release v1.1.17 and v1.1.18 - BSC v1.1.17 is is a maintenance release, it includes several bug fixes. BSC v1.1.18 is a hard-fork release which will enable BEP153 on mainnet, fixes a critical severity security issue, which may all cause a non-maliciously, double-sign block.
2. ZkBNB Testnet Ready - ZkBNB launched its first testnet, it will be open to public in early December.
3. Akula Release v0.0.2- The validator mode is supported(with TxPool).
4. Beacon Chain Release v0.10.3- BC v0.10.3 is a hardfork release to enable BEP153 and BEP173.
5. Reward 2.0 Drafted- BEP176 try to introduce a new validator reward model on BNB Smart Chain.
1. BSC Release v1.1.17 and v1.1.18
BSC v1.1.17 is is a maintenance release, it includes several bug fixes
BSC v1.1.18 is a hard-fork release. The mainnet is expected to have a scheduled hardfork upgrade named Gibbs at block height 23,846,001. The current block generation speed forecasts this to occur around 12th Dec. 2022 at 10:00 AM (UTC). This release fixes a critical severity security issue, which may all cause a non-maliciously, double-sign block. It also bring BEP-153 alive on mainnet. BEP153 introduces a new staking system contract on the BSC side, all staking-related operations on the BSC side should be initiated through this contract, and then applied across-chain to BNB Beacon Chain through the native cross-chain communication mechanism. With this BEP, the BNB holders can stake on the BSC directly, and dApps can launch their staking service based on the protocol introduced by this BEP, which can diversify the BSC ecosystem.
For a full rundown of the changes please consult the BSC release note.
2. ZkBNB Testnet Ready
ZkBNB is a trustless and scaling solution for BSC which is built on ZK-Rollup architecture. With ZkBNB, all funds are held on the BSC, while computation and storage are performed on Layer2 with less cost and fast speed.
After few months work, we finally lauch the first testnet of ZkBNB, it includes web wallet, explorer, a native NFT marketplace. We are doing the final test and will public it in early December.
3. Akula Release v0.0.2
The Rust based BNB Chain client released v0.0.2, the validator mode is supported(with TxPool). However, due to the unexpected Akula community winding down event, the future of this project is uncertain now.
4. Beacon Chain Release v0.10.3
BC v0.10.3 is a hardfork release to enable BEP153 and BEP173.
The BNB Beacon Chain mainnet is expected to have a scheduled hard fork upgrade at block height 284,376,000. Based on the current block generation speed, the hard fork is forecasted to occur on 14 Dec. at 7:00 (UTC). The full node runners on mainnet must switch their software version to v0.10.3 by 14 Dec.
BEP173 introduces a new kind of proposal to agree on a certain strategy, plan, commitment, future upgrade, or other statements. Text proposals are exclusively a signaling mechanism and focal point for future coordination - they do not directly cause any changes on-chain.
5. Reward 2.0 BEP Drafted
This BEP176 will introduce a new validator reward model on BNB Smart Chain. As a result of this BEP, the validator staking reward policy is going to be modified such that it is more accurately representative of the validator's contribution to the overall network.
Follow us to stay updated on everything BNB Chain!
Website | Twitter | Twitter (Devs) | Telegram | dApp Store | YouTube | Discord | Build N' Build Forum | Dev Community |